Organisation: Ntha Foundation
Funding Partner: World Bank, through the Malawi Government as operationalised by the Public Private Partnership Commission
Post: Head of ICT
Number of positions available: 1
Position Location: Lilongwe
Post Type : Contract (1 year, renewable)
Working Pattern: Full Time
Role Type: Technical Support/ Administrative Support
Type of hire: Local
Overview of the job
The post holder will oversee the ICT department at the Ntha Foundation and the Kwathu Innovation and Creative Centres in Lilongwe and Mangochi.
To develop and lead a highly effective ICT department that enables seamless e-work, and ensure excellent outcomes for all learners in the Digital Skills and Innovations Grants trainings under the Digital Malawi Project which is being funded by the World Bank and being implemented by the Public Private Partnership Commission for the Government of Malawi, as well as manage all websites under Ntha Foundation, such as its Learning Management System digiSavvy.org.
In addition, the Head of ICT will be expected to coordinate all the ICT officers/instructors, to ensure that they deliver quality work, and provide effective training to the Digital Skills and Innovations Grants training participants. Draft an acceptable and recommended digital skills curriculum to be used for the training.
The post holder also undertakes a variety of specific activities and duties, for which they are held personally accountable.
Lilongwe Hub Manager & Ntha Foundation Board
Responsibilities, Activities & Duties
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
- To set up an e-work system ensuring the office works seamlessly online (virtually and / or in person)
- Integrate office emails into e-work system
- Manage all company (CMS) websites and digital systems
- To coordinate and deliver learning outcomes in relation to digital skills courses as directed by the Digital Malawi Project Manager
- To carry out training needs analyses to inform institutional digital skills development plans
- To evaluate staff and user’s competence in relevant digital skills and in ways that will inform assessment and successful achievement of learning outcomes for the organization. This includes evaluating the effectiveness of training programs and learning outcomes ensuring they fulfill the digital literacy needs of the organization.
- To define the skills sets needed to perform different roles, e.g. Site Owner, Site member.
- To design, organize and deliver digital skills training programs appropriate to the skills needed in the organisation. This includes delivering training programs in formal (e.g. a classroom), informal (e.g. floor-walking) or online (e.g. e-learning and webinar) settings.
- To actively participate in supporting learning of both individuals and groups of users by demonstrating the software and to evaluate subsequent user’s learning and gauge level of comprehension.
- To assist users in the execution of work through demonstration, advice and assistance. This includes supporting and coaching learners using learning technologies to deliver skills.
- To design course materials and other materials such as handouts, manuals and exercises in support of the learning process.
- Preparing the learning environment and resources, including setting up IT equipment where appropriate and being responsible for carrying out associated health and safety risk assessments.
- To drive all ICT efforts to ensure they support the organisation’s goals of making the hubs sustainable.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Team working spirit
- Well organized, with an ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
- Conversant with ICTs and emerging technologies
- Minimum of a degree in computer science or a related field is preferable.
- Should have a good handle of content management systems (wordpress) and App development.
- Working knowledge of relevant operating systems, software and programming
- Conversant with working online and using platforms such as google drive and docs, Microsoft Teams and Zoom
- Expert user of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Knowledge in digital content creation and management is a bonus*
1 years, renewable pending satisfactory performance, and availability of funds.
Ntha Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Women and Physically Challenged candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply, fill this form:
Application Deadline: 28th May 2022