Your time is now to be your exceptional best at Old Mutual!
Locations: Johannesburg, Durban, and Cape Town.
Other locations: Ghana, Malawi, Nigeria, Kenya, and Zimbabwe.
Deadline: 01 September 2023
About Old Mutual
Old Mutual is a premium African financial services organisation that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key market segments in 14 countries. The lines of business include Life and Savings, Property and Casualty, Asset Management and Banking and Lending.
About – Graduate Programme
The Old Mutual Graduate Programme is aimed at graduates and postgraduate students seeking invaluable work experience.
What’s in it for you?
- We will partner with you to craft a great career with Old Mutual that is in line with your career aspirations
- Your voice is important to us and we will provide engagement platforms and tools to encourage meaningful dialogue
- You’ll be exposed to a great culture based on diversity and inclusion that forms a strong foundation of our values
- You’ll receive continuous coaching and development opportunities
- You’ll gain access to industry experts as mentors and coaches
- You’ll gain access to excellent learning and development opportunities
- You’ll have an opportunity to make a difference in the communities in which we operate
- You’ll benefit from a robust and structured programme
Where are the Old Mutual graduate positions based?
South Africa positions are based in
- Cape Town
Rest of Africa countries, positions are based in
Who can apply?
- Only South African citizens will be considered for roles based in Cpt, Jhb and Dbn South Africa
- Roles based in Rest of Africa will require relevant citizenship
Our graduates are appointed into various roles across Old Mutual’s businesses.
Are you currently doing a post graduate degree or in your final year of study in one of the disciplines below? If yes, then we are looking for you!
- BCom Information system
- BSc IT systems
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Computer/Software Engineering
- BCom in Business/Finance qualification with Technology modules
- Diploma in IT (3 years)
- Advanced Diploma in IT
- BSc Data Science
We are inviting you to apply if you are interested in joining the Old Mutual family.
- Are you a citizen/eligible to work in the country of application.
- Are you able to work/relocate to any part of the country you are based in?
- Have you achieved a minimum of 65% average across your studies?
- Familiarity with industry tools and technologies: This can include cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, etc.), databases (SQL, NoSQL) and general web development principles.
- Apply – Submit documents – CV, Transcripts, Grade 12 certificate
- You will go through automated screening questions
- Should you meet our requirements you will be requested to complete screening assessments
- Once you have done your screening assessments, we will then review your profile against our requirements
EducationAdvanced Diploma (AdvDip): Information Technology, Bachelor of Commerce (BCom): Computer and Information Science, Bachelor of Commerce (BCom): Mathematical Statistics, Bachelor of Science (BS): Information Technology, Diploma (Dip): Information Technology
Closing Date: 01 September 2023
Old Mutual Limited is pro-vaccination and encourages its workforce to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
All prospective employees are required to disclose their vaccination status as part of the recruitment process.
Please refer to the Old Mutual’s Covid-19 vaccination policy for further detail. Kindly note that Old Mutual reserves the right to reinstate the requirement to vaccinate at any point if it is of the view that it is imperative to do so.
To stay updated with the latest opportunities and developments regarding our work, we invite you to follow us on our official social media pages: