The Mandela Washington Fellowship 2024 is open for applications.
The Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders is the flagship program of the U.S. Government’s Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI). YALI was created in 2010 and celebrated its 10th anniversary in 2020. Established in 2014, the Mandela Washington Fellowship has brought nearly 6,500 young leaders from every country in Sub-Saharan Africa to the United States for academic and leadership training. The Fellows, between the ages of 25 and 35, are accomplished innovators and leaders in their communities and countries.
The Fellowship is an unparalleled opportunity to…
- Participate in a six-week Leadership Institute at a U.S. college or university to share your experiences with and learn from U.S. citizens and other Fellows.
- Explore industries beyond your daily work and expand your expertise.
- Participate in a Summit with young African leaders.
- Meet with U.S. Government, civic, and business leaders.
- Strengthen your work through new connections, skills, and ideas.
- Join a continental and global Alumni Network to help you seek innovative solutions to common challenges.
The Fellowship has been a life-changing experience for me. As a result of the Fellowship, I have built very strong networks with Africans and Americans. I have renewed confidence and determination to contribute to my community.2022 MANDELA WASHINGTON FELLOWSHIP ALUMNI
Application and Selection Timeline
- August 15, 2023 | Application opens
- September 12, 2023 | Application deadline
- November 2023 – January 2024 | Semi-finalists interviewed by local U.S. embassies and consulates
- March 2024 | Applicants notified of their status
- May 2024 | Visa processing and Pre-Departure Orientations for Finalists
- June 2024 | Fellowship begins in the United States
To keep up with the work of the Ntha Foundation, our hub, initiatives and projects, follow our social media pages:
Want to partner on or fund one of our programmes? We are always open to collaborations and partnerships. Contact our Chief of Operation:, Mr. Victor Caeser Gondwe via firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call(direct or WhatsApp) on +265991850749.